LONDON (Reuters) – British royal Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, is holing up and has dropped her commitment after somebody she came into contact with in this way tried positive for COVID-19, her office said on Monday.
“Last week the Duchess of Cambridge came into contact with somebody who has thusly tried positive for COVID-19,” a representative for Kensington Palace said.
“Her Royal Highness is not experiencing any symptoms, but is following all relevant government guidelines and is self-isolating at home.”
Kate, spouse of Queen Elizabeth’s grandson Prince William, went to various occasions last week, most conspicuously the Wimbledon tennis titles on Friday.
She had been expected to go to an occasion to commend the 73rd commemoration of Britain’s National Health Service on Monday with William, who isn’t needed to hole up.
William himself became sick with the sickness last April, at about similar time as his dad, beneficiary to-the-seat Prince Charles, with media reports saying he had been hit quite seriously by the infection.